Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mid-life?

Recently we purchased a "box of numbers - otherwise known as a scale.

This is due to a recent alteration in the thinking of both Spouse One and myself, that while hedonism is all well and good, there is a definite limit to the enjoyment available when one has become overly fat. Chairs pinch the behind, clothes are more expensive, and frankly, the number of available sexual positions is restricted.

So we have embarked on a lifestyle change. While I have yet to make it to any sort of building housing physical activity machinery (does Costco count?), I have in fact lost over 1/5 of the weight that I wish to lose.

Seeing as I have been fat all my life, the goal is not to become particularly svelte, but simply to become sleek as a seal, rather than my previous dugong-like proportions.

No comments: