Thursday, June 24, 2010

So, I'm moving forward with my life. Slowly, and tentatively, but I'm getting there, and that's what counts.

Took a trip to the new home city, 18 hours away with my cuz. She was saying that it's been hard seeing me this past while, even though she's been happy to support me, because I was always a shit-kicking, take-no-prisoners and forge ahead kind of girl, and this getting sick, and having my relationship with J go to hell just really took the wind out of my sails, and scared me, and I've been different. It was hard to hear, but I think it's true. I used to believe in myself. Some of it was bravado, sure, but some of it was real, and that part really took a beating.

I want to learn to avoid that in the future. Especially in relationships. How do you get aong with people, and make things work, without working at changing each other?

No comments: