Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The inherencies of being femme

So, I'm seeing someone new.   She's chivalrous, and gallant, and protective, and firm-handed, and so many things that I adore, and that make me weak in the knees.

After she drove for 16 hours to come rescue me when I flipped my car, I found myself needing to wash her clothes, and feed her, and take care of her.  (As well as curl into her, and snuggle under her arm, and hide in her neck).  I know that's my femme-ness coming through, and I know that I would need to do that for her if we were together.

I hate that I got sick.  That I have to pick and choose the things that I can do.  That only some of it is possible.  It's going to be an issue for the rest of my life I think, this back and forth.  Craving the expression of myself, and fighting to be myself, and not being able to do it, and then having to come to terms with my illness(es) over and over again.

*sigh*

I'm saying if... it's only because this is so fast.  It's been seven and a half weeks since she found me, and I'm falling hard.  We've had two dates.  One with a friend of hers, and one when I wrecked my car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first line: gllant????? Good post & fun read.....