Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Day 13 - Someone you wish could forgive you

D, my chosen big sister,

You won't respond to messages on facebook or emails.  I suppose I could try to call you, but I don't know how to find you, and I imagine that you are not much interested in talking to me.  It's sad, as I really miss you.  I don't know exactly what went wrong.  I know that I was a judgmental idiot.  That much I realize, I didn't mean to make you feel bad, and I didn't have a leg to stand on, as I was a pothead criticizing you for drinking.  I only saw one of those things  as self-destructive, and there's a saying, certainly, about eyes and sticks... 

In any event, there was more going on than that.  I was in the middle of drowning myself in a relationship, and one of the rules was not to talk about it, which made my friendship with you, where we shared everything, even girlfriends, kind of impossible. 

I'd love to tell you about my life.  Share the things that have changed.  It's so much more interesting now. 

I've tried to keep tabs on where you are at over the years, maybe i will try to get together when I am next in the city.  It would be good to see you.

L.