Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Day 12 - The person you hate most / caused you a lot of pain

I don't hate anyone. I certainly used to.

I hated my father for abandoning me, I hated my mother for being there, I hated the kids in my class for bullying me, and for being rich and white, and thin, and not being different, like I was.

I hated myself for being different, for not fitting in, for not making sense, for not being thin, and pretty, and "normal", and for not being either Elizabeth or Jessica, depending on the day or my mood.  (If you're an 80s girl you'll get the reference).

I hated the church, and christians, I would have to say I still hate religion.

I don't hate individuals though, except in moments of passion, when my ability to reason becomes overwhelmed.  That is a good thing.  I don't want to hate anyone.

People cause pain, but pain is a part of existence.