Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where I want to be in 10 years?

So, I'm doing this damned teaching degree.

I need to know what to do with it.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but being stuck in a classroom is really the last thing I want to be doing with myself.  I want to make a difference.  There is so much pain and hurt and hate, and awfulness in the world, and I don't think that teaching little people spelling is going to make a gnat's worth of difference to any of it.

I don't want to be stuck in a classroom full of kids from nice homes who are easy to teach, and easy to deal with, and who all do pretty much what they are told.

The kids who fascinate me are the ones who I have no idea what's going on with them, and who I know that something is wrong, and I want to help. 

Do I have a hero complex?  I'd be just as happy being someone who does a single unsung good deed, at least I think so.

Now I'm chasing grad school. I've found things I would like to study, cross your fingers for me, that it works out.