Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 09 - Someone you wish you could meet

It's authors, really, and family members. 

Douglas Adams, except he's dead, so I don't want to meet him anymore, all decayed, and Stephen Fry, because I'd love to talk to him, and Patrick Califia, who is such a hero, and I'm sure just a person, albeit an incredible one.

I'd like to talk to my father's mom, who I never met, and Granny's mom, and I'd like to be able to come out to my grandparents, and have them understand.

On my more whimsical days I'd like to meet a cat, and really understand it, or a bird, or a fish, or whatever.

I would have said it was Richard Dawkins, but this whole *"sexism doesn't exist or matter in the western world because opression is so much bigger elsewhere", delivered in sarcastic condescension, just got my back up, and I'm not certain that we, as atheists need to be antagonizing each other as well as everybody else.

So, I'd like to meet some of these people instead, thanks all the same.

Cheers,

me