Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 01 - your best friend (30 days, 30 letters)

B,

I haven't had a best friend since you. I miss you. I feel like I fucked things up, and I know apologies aren't your thing, so I won't make a drama of it, but I was having this big new relationship /  married / suburban life, and I lost the bond we shared in the process.

I'm not the person I was then anymore. I'm not the person I was in between anymore, either. I tried to be someone assimilating her way into the middle class, and I'm not that, either.

I'm still not exactly sure who I am.

I have a cat now, again, an orange one.

I have a girlfriend too. I think you'd like her. She lives in a cabin in the middle of the woods, and has eschewed modern comforts in favour of economy and simplicity.  Right now she's in the US starting a travelling job, and I miss her.

I miss getting to shop the Goodwill with you, and I miss being catty with you, and I miss just hanging out and playing games and spending time together.

There was a lot about those early years that wasn't so great, but our friendship was one of the highlights.  Thanks for being such an awesome part of my life.

L.