Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Connecting with the cosmos, and becoming sXe

I see drug use as a form of the sacred. A way of connecting with the cosmos, moving outside yourself and gaining greater awareness than you might otherwise have.  Marijuana helps with pain and seizures, and made a big difference to me.  Psychotropics engage parts of the consciousness and the brain which are normally disengaged.

That said, I have made a conscious decision not to, anymore.  I do not drink, because it interferes with my seizure medication.

I don't think we make enough space for the magical in our spirituality anymore.  There is no room for personal experience, for mysticism, and for experience.

My transcendent experiences were pretty much all positive, I was either with good friends at wonderful, community events, in loving homes, or outdoors in the beauty of nature.

The worst that happened was that I got sunburnt.